Frimpong waves Oranje debut

When Jeremie Frimpong was questioned about national team at the beginning of December, the Dutchman was self-confident. "I have to show what I can. I have to prove myself," he emphasized, and did not make a doubt about where he would lead him. "Whoever plays for Leverkusen," said Frimpong, "who will also play for his national team."

Bester Sänger der Bundesliga? Frimpong performt Beyoncé! ???????????? | FRIMPONG & BAKKER in Now, three months later, the 21-year-old is actually just before the debut in the Dutch national team. For example, Frimpong was appointed by coach Louis van Gaal for the two test internationals of the Elftal against Denmark and Germany on 26 and 29 March to the preliminary bid.

Van Gaal announces experiments

For the two games, each in Amsterdam, Van Gaal has already announced to experiment. For example, the former Bayern coach wants to test a 3-5-2 system, among other things, even if his players have clearly pronounced his traditional 4-3-3.

Frimpong has acted in Leverkusen both as a right-back of a four-chain, but also after system conversions during the game to a 3-4-3 as a right rail player in midfield. Van Gaals idea from 3-5-2 would not be in the way of the debut in no case on the way to the debut.

Strong competition

But it is also clear that the professional in January 2021 by Celtic Glasgow to Leverkusen opposes a strong competitor: Denzel Dumfries of Inter Milan is under Van Gaal the Platzhirsch on the right.

But how did Frimpong said in December? "I believe in timing. I have no hurry. I knew, one day I would play for the U-18 national team, one day for the U-21 national team. Because I believe in my skills." The right time for him in Elftal seems now.

Comments

Popular Posts