FA Cup final: Klopp is to blame for Mané

Nobody had expected this match winner in the FA-Cup final: Kostas Tsimikas (26) was substituted in Wembley in the 111st minute on Sunday because Andy Robertson plagued cramps, and ultimately decided as a seventh Liverpool shooter against Chelsea.

“Greek Scouser” Kostas Tsimikas FA cup winning penalty|Klopp and Liverpool players celebration|

"That was my first penalty," revealed the Greek, who came two years ago as a left-back backup from Olympiakos Piraeus. "Maybe I should shoot more often now."

Actually, everything had run out of another match winner after Chelsea captain Cesar Azpilicueta had hit the post early. But Sadio Mané failed to Edouard Mendy instead of making the 5: 4 victory perfect. And apparently Jürgen Klopp also had a share.

"Sadios penalty is at least 50 percent my responsibility"

"Sadios penalty is at least 50 percent my responsibility," admitted the trainer at the press conference afterwards. Because Mendy, Mané's teammate at the Senegalese national team, whose favorite corner knows exactly, "I told him that he should do it the other way round. As so often in my life, I noticed that I should have been better."

In the Africa Cup final, Mané had shot off the point in the regular season, but met the penalty shootout in the penalty shootout-each he had targeted the left corner with the right. This time he tried unsuccessfully after Klopp's announcement. "But we still did it," said Klopp relieved. After all, Tsimikas' "Favorite Socket" couldn't know Mendy.

Comments

Popular Posts